Sunday, August 30, 2009

Taking Some Stick

At last the temperature has fallen below 30 degrees - some days! It was even pleasantly cool in the mornings a couple of times - 14 degrees when we started our walk to Quillan yesterday.

A week when I found a stick - for the first time I felt need of one as I had to go down an almost vertical bank of loose earth and no handholds, but that was the day before I found the stick! I must dig out Oliver Andrew's list of uses for a stick, which is quite amusing. I can't remember whether the need for a third leg on tricky hillsides was on his list. Surely it must be.

Also a week when I lost a pepper spray. A week in which I walked 101 kms, making 3164 kms for the year and 1807 kms for this pair of shoes. Can't you just tell I have a diploma in statistics?

Don't forget, if you want to be kept informed of progress with the book, specifically to be sent details (eventually) of when it will be published and availability, just send me an e-mail, with the word "Book" as the subject. No need for any text. Send it to:

vicngay@gmail.com

No comments: