Friday, August 7, 2009

A New Sponsor




I have a new sponsor! First the might of Columbia Sportswear, with a turnover of more than $1 Billion. Now a small family-run vineyard in the Corbieres.

Gay and I were in Lavelanet this morning. Normally on a Friday I walk home from the market there - a distance of 23 kilometres. In keeping with my new policy of moderation and (hopefully) common sense during the extremely hot weather we are still experiencing, today I shall be walking 10 kms instead.

We were attracted to a stall which we have seen many times before, selling wine. We talked to the man - Gerard le Jan - about his wine, then about my walking. When he heard what I am planning to do next year, he, as many people do, shook my hand. He also said that he would give me a case of wine on completion. He realised that in keeping with the 70 years, 70 days theme, he should be giving me 70 bottles of wine, but he could not afford that.

The website of the Finca Narraza, run by Gerard and his wife Corinne, is:

www.fincanarraza.fr

All their wine is biologique, in English, organic.

The engraving is of a stone found on their premises. It dates from 2600 B.C. and shows a goat and a goatherd. The goatherd is used now as the company logo and features on every bottle of wine.

No comments: