Thursday, August 27, 2009

Circuit Training





The heatwave continues - it is in the mid-30s as I write. There are people who like that sort of temperature but I can only assume that they do not enjoy physical activity of any kind. Personally, I think it is unbearable.

This morning Gay and I went round a circuit I have not experienced before, although she has walked it with Mr and Mrs Septimus a couple of years ago. Starting at the house, almost entirely off-road, 11 kms, rising from 500 to 700 metres, mainly through woods and silent valleys. I think it will become a regular part of my itinerary and most of it can be used to extend some of my other routes.

I must have been more tired than I thought - in the last posting I said that after a week of hard work I had sent a synopsis and several chapters of the proposed Book of The Walk to a publisher. That should, of course, have read "after several weeks of hard work" - in fact I have been gathering the material for over a year. That is one of the functions of this blog, as I have mentioned more than once.

Don't forget, if you want to be kept informed of progress with the book, specifically to be sent details (eventually) of when it will be published and availability, just send me an e-mail, with the word "Book" as the subject. No need for any text. Send it to:

vicngay@gmail.com

No comments: