Friday, August 21, 2009

Setting A New Course?



At last - a cloudy day. A day when I walked 24 kms home from Lavelanet without feeling as if I was in a mobile sauna.

Speaking of saunas, which some people use for illusory weight loss, earlier this week I passed through the milestone of 3000 kms walked so far this year. And I weigh exactly the same as I did on the 1st January. Can anybody explain that?

Another item of news today, regarding VBW, is that I am having a serious rethink about walking the length of France mainly on roads. Today I picked up, from the newsagent in Lavelanet (always playing blues records in the shop), more than 300 Euros worth of maps. These will show me not only roads but Grandes Randonnées (long distance walking tracks) for most of the French section of VBW. Watch this space!

No comments: