Friday, June 5, 2009

The Only Bank That Pays Interest These Days

I am very much behind with my walking this week. I got a good start on Monday, with a total of 34.5 kms for the day. The next day I offset this with 10 kms. It went downhill after that.

We have been away for a few days, in the Creuse, well away from here in Central France. 5 or 6 hours driving each way, which tends to put a damper on walking. Also, as the purpose of our trip was to visit friends Judith and Rob and Ann and Mike, the time not spent driving from Wednesday to Friday was spent deep in meaningful conversation, and even more meaningful eating and drinking.

So the kilometre cupboard is looking a little bare with only about 52 kms in there for the week. I am sure that with Saturday and Sunday to go I will be able to keep the daily average above 10 kms, but will be unable to clock up 100 kms this week. I promise to try to make up for it next week.

And I am still well ahead of my target, with hundreds of spare kilometres in the bank, a balance that will pay dividends in the future, I hope. It's certainly the only bank I know of which is paying out any significant interest this year.

No comments: