Monday, June 22, 2009

My Walking Route Through France - Stage 3 of 3

Stage 3 of 3. Sarlat to Chatellerault

Day 19.Chatellerault to Rilly sur Vienne. 32 kms

Day 20. Rilly to Langeals. 36 kms

Day 21. Langeals to Couesmes. 30 kms

Day 22. Couesmes to Requeil. 33 kms.

Day 23. Requeil to Preuille le Chetif. 27 kms

Day 24. Preuille to Fresnay sur Sarthe. 40 kms

Day 25 Fresnay to St Denis sur Sarthon. 23 kms

Day 26. St Denis to Serans. 34 kms

Day 27. Serans to Potigny. 31 kms

Day 28 Potigny to St Martin de Fontenay. 22 kms

Day 29. St Martin to Ouistreham and the ferry to Portsmouth. 23 kms


Total for Stage. 331 kms

Again, I believe I have selected quiet roads throughout, for walking safety. If anybody has local knowledge which contradicts that, or knowledge of direct, off-road footpaths between any of the above points, I would like to hear about it.

If you want to know exactly which roads I will be using, to:

www.multimap.com

Click on "directions", select the "walking" option, and put in the "to" and "from" towns.

I have listed only walking days. There will be rest days punctuating the trip. I plan to take a total of 40 days, including rest days, to reach the ferry, leaving 30 days to walk through England.

Rest days will be announced on the blog at least one day before, as will my specific walking plans for the next day.

No comments: