Tuesday, May 19, 2009

History In The Making



The above picture is of the Chateau de Puivert, visible from our window, and mentioned in Sunday's posting on this blog. The picture is taken from the following website:

http://www.catharcastles.info/120710_puivert.htm

The website will give you much more information about the castle's history. It is open to the public and is well worth a visit.

I managed 111 kms last week, bringing my total for the year to date to 1633 kms. That is more than my probable total mileage for VBW. Although I shall be planning to walk 6 days a week for 10 weeks at 30 kms a day, the shortest possible route will be quite a lot shorter than the total of 1800 kms that would give. I am allowing time for injuries, illness and other delays. Otherwise I shall have plenty of time and kilometres in hand to wander off the direct route to visit places of significance to me (after all, this will be in many ways a walk backwards through my own history.

No comments: