Friday, September 30, 2011

Machu Picchu - A Dream Come True










Yesterday we visited this fabulous place, which the Spanish never found. News of its existence was broadcast to the world exactly 100 years ago, in 1911, by Hiram Bingham, of Yale.

I have waited almost as long - 60 years in fact - since I first read about it and saw the pictures and decided this was a place I must vist. And it was worth the wait. It is magic. I only wish my photography was up to it - but if there is one place of which you will easily find good photographs elsewhere, Machu Picchu is it.

And if you are puzzling over the picture which is lying on its side - so am I - it is the correct way up in my computer. I will leave it there to intrigue you - and to demonstrate my incompetence.

For details of where to find my book "Vic's Big Walk from SW France to NW England" double click on this.

No comments: