Monday, August 29, 2011

What A Heel



I mentioned a few days ago that I went for a 6 kms walk, having been given the all-clear to do so by the physios who have been applying the ESWT to my afflicted part. I have to report that the pain after the walk was much the same as before I had the treatment.

I left it for more than another week then did the same 6 kms walk yesterday (there isn't a big choice of flat walks here in the foothills of the Pyrenees). Result, the same pain.

They did tell me that the results of the treatment, which makes things worse before they get better, will kick in 4 to 6 weeks after the 4th treatment, so I am keeping my fingers crossed about that, but the signs are not too good just yet.

And did I mention that 4 to 6 weeks after the 4th treatment will see me deep, or rather high, in the Andes?

For details of where to find my book "Vic's Big Walk from SW France to NW England" double click on this.


No comments: