Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Climbing




We have been in Italy for a few days. The first picture was taken there. Double-click to make the picture bigger. What's that all about?

The second was taken during my walk from Quillan this morning. At this time of the year the valleys are frequently full of mist. It is a photographer's paradise. The views from higher up, for instance, at 600 metres before we descended to 290 at Quillan, which was totally mistbound, are spectacular. This one was taken just above Ginoles, when I had walked up and out of the mist. By the time I got to the top, the sun had completely burned the white stuff away.

Thanks to Gill Nurse, who was the first to spot that my fund-raising has reached £8,000. And thanks to Kathleen Howard, who made the donation which achieved that. Both ladies I have never met, but who are followers of my blog and of VBW.

The other day I mentioned in the blog that if somebody made a donation of £46.60, this would achieve the £8,000. Kathleen obliged. So Gay suggests that I point out that if somebody were to make a donation of £1,000 (and it would not be the first of that amount) the fund would jump to £9,000. Go for it.

No comments: