Friday, May 11, 2012

Familiarity





A familiar walk today, but one I have not done for a while - the 24 kms from Lavelanet back to Puivert. I walked this many times while training for VBW but I think I gave it the go-by for all of last year. It has a bit of a sting in the tail with a steep road climb of about 200 metres at the 18kms mark.

The shot above is taken looking back over Lavelanet from the start of the Voie Verte - the old railway track which makes up most of the route. There is still a bit of snow up there.

The following picture is one I took for our neighbours, who are absent at present, showing them the colour of their irises - they had planted the bulbs some time ago then forgotten what colour they would be when they arose.

The bike is probably one left behind by one of the riders in a long-ago Tour de France.


No comments: